Congratulations to St Mary's who just edged out Penrhos by 1 point to win the Champion School of Basketball in 2020, with MLC finishing in 3rd position.
Basketball is a Term 3 sport played on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
Wednesday Yr 7/8 A B C
Thursday Junior A B C D & Senior A B
All matches are scheduled to play from 4.00pm to 5.15pm.
Please contact your school for details of match fixtures and venues, or better still, download the IGSSAWA App to your mobile device!
Senior A B
Junior A B C D
Year7/ 8 A B C D E
A reserve and scorer should accompany each team where possible. Home team to provide timers for each game.
School sports skirt/bloomers/shorts, shirt, socks and joggers. All Students to wear numbers (preferably in school colours).
- Played as per draw.
- Senior teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm
- Junior teams to play on Thursdays 4.00 - 5.15pm.
- Year 7/8 teams play on Wednesdays 4.00 - 5.15pm
|Wednesday||Senior A B, and Year 7/8 D E||Yr 7/8 A B C|
|Thursday||Junior A B C D|
All current Basketball rules are to be enforced.
- Length of match - 2 x 25 minute halves or 5.15pm finish. The clock keeps running except for a serious injury. Half time is 5 minutes.
- There are two timeouts per half for each team. A timeout lasts for one minute.
- There are no timeouts to be taken in the last 5 minutes of the game.
- The home school provides a carbonated scoresheet and both scorers sit together.
- Umpire to regularly check scoresheet.
- Umpire or PE Staff to sign scoresheet at completion of game.
- The home school is to provide an umpire for each game played at their venues.
- In addition the home school should provide two umpires for the Junior A and Senior A fixtures.
Any/all general rules enclosed in the Guidelines For Coaches, Umpires and Players are to apply.