Tennis is a Term 1 sport played on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. All matches are scheduled to play from 4.00pm to 5.30pm.
Senior A and Junior A teams play 4 singles matches and 2 doubles matches each.
Senior B C D, Junior B C D and Year 7/8 A B C D teams play 3 doubles each
Yr 7/8 A B C D
Junior A B C D & Senior A B C
Senior A and Junior A Teams - 4 singles and 2 doubles each
Senior B and C, Junior B, C & D, Year 7/8 A, B, C, D Teams - 3 doubles each
Played as per draw
- Senior teams play on Thursdays - 4.00pm to 5.30pm
- Junior teams play on Thursdays - 4.00pm to 5.30pm
- Year 7/8 teams play Wednesdays - 4.00pm to 5.30pm
- All matches are two tie break sets (with short deuces ie. best of three points after deuce)
- No break is to be taken between sets
- New balls are to be used for Senior A matches
- Water must be provided at each site and students are to have their own water bottles.
- No coaching is allowed once girls have taken the court except in Year 7/8 matches and Junior B, C & D matches. Assistance with scoring is permitted.
- Each team captain has a scoresheet
- Total number of sets to score
- In the event of a set being unfinished at the end of time (eg 4-3) it will not count in the finalising of the score unless the sets are drawn. When that does arise, then ALL the games played will be taken in to account.
- Score sheets to be checked and signed by PE Staff/coaches
- students must be well schooled in tennis etiquette and know how to conduct themselves in match play
- There must be a Captain per team and a scoresheet
- Students must understand a tie break situation and short deuce.
Any/all other general rules enclosed in the Guidelines are to apply.
In the event of hot weather, 2 sets of Fast4 Tennis are to be played. This must be agreed to both staff present prior to the commencement of the match.
Please contact your school for details of match fixtures and venues, or better still, download the IGSSAWA App to your mobile device!
School sports skirt/shorts, shirt, socks, hat and joggers, (or white tennis strip) to be worn by all team members.